NHS R&D Forum Groups
Service Users and Carers Working Group
The group aims to ensure that Service User and Carer involvement in NHS research is recognised and embedded into the activities of the Forum, promoting involvement in all aspects of the NHS research management agenda. The group consists of service users, PPIE leads, and academics experienced in research involvement, acting as a source of knowledge and expertise to the wider Forum. The group is a source of information, identifies, develops and disseminates examples of best practice, and aims to influence the work of key health research organisations, such as the NIHR.
Contact the Group
Contact the group via email@example.com
- Lead new work related to the themes, in their specific areas of interest.
- Create resources where there are gaps
- Influence partners & invited stakeholders. Discuss their work, ask for opinions and shape policy.
- Share expertise and gather intelligence from and for the community
- Horizon scan for what is of interest to the community. Horizon scanning and conducting community surveys
- Develop consultation responses
- Act as a point of reference & contact for the members with questions or peer review
- Feed into general Forum training, conference and events programmes.
- Champion the NHS R&D Forum and our community.
- Speak for and represent the research management, support and leadership community.
- Drive the Forum forward and provide leadership
- Strategically, proposing Forum content, providing leadership and ensuring oversight of outputs
- As a point of contact, providing peer support to colleagues
- As a Task and finish, producing outputs and resources
- As a space to work out loud, sharing experience and connecting with colleagues.