The NHS R&D Forum is for all those in the R&D management, support and leadership community who are working in, with and for Providers and Commissioners of health and care.
We believe that a true Forum is collaborative and open, and as such we are inclusive of all R&D roles, professional partners and friends. This includes service users and carers, individuals from partner organisations and colleagues from non-traditional healthcare settings.
Joining is free, nearly all of our content is open access, and there are many benefits to signing up to our growing network.
Whilst remaining open and for all, we also recognise there is a need for a clearer professional identify that represents the voice of the workforce and, on occasion, a requirement for closed conversations or opinion. We therefore will soon be consulting on new levels of membership status
Take part & benefit
There are many ways to be a part of the Forum with benefits for you, your organisation and the research environment as a whole.
Those who join and get involved have told us that these are some of the ways being part of the Forum is a benefit to them:
- Peer support & expertise
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing professional community
- Professional development opportunities
- Training & learning events
- Access to resources and guidance
- Latest trusted intelligence on policy, regulatory and funding updates
- Opportunities to represent the community and attend meetings
- A platform to influence policy and have a professional voice
- The opportunity to share and test ideas
- To have (or be) a champion for NHS R&D and research management, support and leadership practice in health & care
- An informed, forward thinking, outward looking and connected, up-to-date R&D workforce.
- News and insights to inform Organisational development. News items that are important for the organisation from Government, DHSC, NIHR and Regulators sent directly to the Organisations R&D office mailbox
- Research opportunities, collaborations and new research projects initiated directly through the Forum R&D Contacts directory
- Contribution to an embedded, research active health care environment
- Support for pragmatic and operationally meaningful research policy
- Research management that enables high quality research for impact
- A professional and competent R&D management, support and leadership workforce
- You have an interest in health and care research management, support & leadership
- You agree to our values and to positively contribute the Forum as a UK-wide professional network and large community of practice
- You can take part in surveys, consultations & opinion pieces etc plus other outputs
- You can become a member of a group
- You receive a free monthly e-newsletter
- You receive important information and policy news directly to your inbox
- You can contribute content
- You maybe able to vote or belong to a Professional members directory in the future
There are many ways to become involved with the NHS R&D Forum including:
- Join a group or project
- Lead a group to solve a problem or to create a new resource. If you would like to propose or run a new Forum group contact us with your thoughts and ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contribute resources to the resources exchange
- Request or support peer review. Email email@example.com
- Become a Forum Trainer or course leader
- Help to develop a course
- Join the conference programme planning committee
- Join the conversation on social media or write a blog
- Represent the Forum at stakeholder events and meetings
- Offer support to others
Please complete the form below to join the NHS R&D Forum.