NHS R&D Forum Groups
Non-Commercial Sponsors Group
This group focuses on Sponsorship and brings together experienced NHS and HEI representatives from non-commercial Sponsor teams. The purpose is to drive non-commercial Sponsorship practice forward.
The group develops an annual symposium, supports resources in the resources exchange and monitors hot topics for the community; feeding into training, conference and the HRA non-commercial Sponsors groups. The group generally meets by teleconference.
Contact the Group
Contact the group via firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Maria Palmer
Maria has been involved in the NHS R&D Forum since it’s inception and has been its Director since 2007. A pharmacist by profession she gained a Masters degree and PhD by research and has been involved in a wide range of laboratory, clinical and health services research. Maria has been involved in R&D management since 1996, including 10 years as R&D Director for the University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust leading on the trust’s Culyer declaration and funding bids.
Research Operations Manager
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
HRA Approval Change Manager
Health Research Authority
Head of Clinical Trial Operations
Comprehensive Clinical Trials Unit. University College London
Dr Mikayala King
Quality Assurance Manager
University Hospitals Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
Clinical Trial Operations Director
EpiGen Consortium, University of Southampton
RD&I Governance Manager
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Regulatory Compliance Manager
The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Research and Development Manager
Velindre Cancer Centre, Velindre NHS Trust
Head of Research Governance and Integrity
University of Birmingham
Head of Research & Development
- Lead new work related to the themes, in their specific areas of interest.
- Create resources where there are gaps
- Influence partners & invited stakeholders. Discuss their work, ask for opinions and shape policy.
- Share expertise and gather intelligence from and for the community
- Horizon scan for what is of interest to the community. Horizon scanning and conducting community surveys
- Develop consultation responses
- Act as a point of reference & contact for the members with questions or peer review
- Feed into general Forum training, conference and events programmes.
- Champion the NHS R&D Forum and our community.
- Speak for and represent the research management, support and leadership community.
- Drive the Forum forward and provide leadership
- Strategically, proposing Forum content, providing leadership and ensuring oversight of outputs
- As a point of contact, providing peer support to colleagues
- As a Task and finish, producing outputs and resources
- As a space to work out loud, sharing experience and connecting with colleagues.