NHS R&D Forum Groups
Non-Commercial Sponsors Group
This group focuses on Sponsorship and brings together experienced NHS and HEI representatives from non-commercial Sponsor teams. The purpose is to drive non-commercial Sponsorship practice forward.
The group develops an annual symposium, supports resources in the resources exchange and monitors hot topics for the community; feeding into training, conference and the HRA non-commercial Sponsors groups. The group generally meets by teleconference.
Contact the Group
Contact the group via firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate has been working in health research management since late 1999. Kate supports the Forum in the development and delivery of our strategy, the community and our outputs. Kate started in research at the University of Portsmouth as a research assistant in health services research, becoming research manager and associate senior lecturer at the local NHS R&D Consortium, and later the research manager at Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust. In these roles Kate contributed to the strategic development and operational function of research across both acute and primary care, and is experienced in sponsorship and strategy development. In her time as a research manager Kate valued the support of the NHS R&D Forum and this fuels her drive to continue its development.
Research Operations Manager
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
HRA Approval Change Manager
Health Research Authority
Head of Clinical Trial Operations
Comprehensive Clinical Trials Unit. University College London
Dr Mikayala King
Quality Assurance Manager
University Hospitals Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
Clinical Trial Operations Director
EpiGen Consortium, University of Southampton
RD&I Governance Manager
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Regulatory Compliance Manager
The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Research and Development Manager
Velindre Cancer Centre, Velindre NHS Trust
Head of Research Governance and Integrity
University of Birmingham
Head of Research & Development
- Lead new work related to the themes, in their specific areas of interest.
- Create resources where there are gaps
- Influence partners & invited stakeholders. Discuss their work, ask for opinions and shape policy.
- Share expertise and gather intelligence from and for the community
- Horizon scan for what is of interest to the community. Horizon scanning and conducting community surveys
- Develop consultation responses
- Act as a point of reference & contact for the members with questions or peer review
- Feed into general Forum training, conference and events programmes.
- Champion the NHS R&D Forum and our community.
- Speak for and represent the research management, support and leadership community.
- Drive the Forum forward and provide leadership
- Strategically, proposing Forum content, providing leadership and ensuring oversight of outputs
- As a point of contact, providing peer support to colleagues
- As a Task and finish, producing outputs and resources
- As a space to work out loud, sharing experience and connecting with colleagues.