NHS R&D Forum Groups
UK Research Finance Group
The UK Research Finance Group is a professional community of NHS R&D Finance Managers across the UK.The group provides the opportunity to forge professional relationships and establish a network of colleagues. It will also deliver outputs including guidance and training to support the research finance community.
It resulted from a request from UKRD (a national community of R&D Leaders established in 2017) to establish a working group of NHS R&D Finance managers specifically to explore and discuss topical and ongoing issues facing NHS R&D departments, how they impact on individual Trusts and the R&D community as a whole.
For this initiative, NHS R&D Forum is working jointly with the UKRD as there is overlap and interest in this work for both communities.
Contact the Group
For further information follow this link:
- Lead new work related to the themes, in their specific areas of interest.
- Create resources where there are gaps
- Influence partners & invited stakeholders. Discuss their work, ask for opinions and shape policy.
- Share expertise and gather intelligence from and for the community
- Horizon scan for what is of interest to the community. Horizon scanning and conducting community surveys
- Develop consultation responses
- Act as a point of reference & contact for the members with questions or peer review
- Feed into general Forum training, conference and events programmes.
- Champion the NHS R&D Forum and our community.
- Speak for and represent the research management, support and leadership community.
- Drive the Forum forward and provide leadership
- Strategically, proposing Forum content, providing leadership and ensuring oversight of outputs
- As a point of contact, providing peer support to colleagues
- As a Task and finish, producing outputs and resources
- As a space to work out loud, sharing experience and connecting with colleagues.