NHS R&D Forum Groups
Research Communications Group
This group aims to discuss and develop best practice for research communications; to share ideas and issues; and support policymakers and the R&D Forum to implement consistent policies and guidance related to research communications.
Contact the Group
Contact the group via firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate has been working in health research management since late 1999. Kate supports the Forum in the development and delivery of our strategy, the community and our outputs. Kate started in research at the University of Portsmouth as a research assistant in health services research, becoming research manager and associate senior lecturer at the local NHS R&D Consortium, and later the research manager at Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust. In these roles Kate contributed to the strategic development and operational function of research across both acute and primary care, and is experienced in sponsorship and strategy development. In her time as a research manager Kate valued the support of the NHS R&D Forum and this fuels her drive to continue its development.
- Lead new work related to the themes, in their specific areas of interest.
- Create resources where there are gaps
- Influence partners & invited stakeholders. Discuss their work, ask for opinions and shape policy.
- Share expertise and gather intelligence from and for the community
- Horizon scan for what is of interest to the community. Horizon scanning and conducting community surveys
- Develop consultation responses
- Act as a point of reference & contact for the members with questions or peer review
- Feed into general Forum training, conference and events programmes.
- Champion the NHS R&D Forum and our community.
- Speak for and represent the research management, support and leadership community.
- Drive the Forum forward and provide leadership
- Strategically, proposing Forum content, providing leadership and ensuring oversight of outputs
- As a point of contact, providing peer support to colleagues
- As a Task and finish, producing outputs and resources
- As a space to work out loud, sharing experience and connecting with colleagues.