The Forum is committed to building a programme of learning, training and development resources in research management, support and leadership for health and care to meet the needs of our community. All our open courses are currently offered as virtual courses and symposia. Each course delegate receives a certificate and a printed workbook.
Our course leaders develop and maintain each course together with a reference group and experienced course trainers, ensuring all material is current and of high quality. Our teams are linked into policy groups and attend regulatory events wherever possible and material is constantly peer reviewed.
We are always developing new courses. If you would like to collaborate, propose a topic, lead a course, join a reference group or become a trainer then please get in contact with the chair of the learning and development group
Forum Course leaders and trainers are all experienced members of the research management, support and leadership community.
Course leaders are responsible for developing and co-ordinating materials. Course trainers are responsible for delivering the course and supporting the course leader.
- Allyson Bailey, R&D Officer, NHS Fife
- Karen Eade, Head of Research, James Paget NHS Trust
- Christian Sparke, AcoRD Specialist, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust & Eastern CRN
- Carolyn Maloney, Head of Research Operations, University Hosptial Leicester NHS Trust
- Michelle Eve, Workforce Development Lead, East Midlands CRN
- Heather Rogers, RD&I Governance Manager, Royal Liverpool Hospital, Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Julie James, Monitor & Trainer, University Hospital Leicester NHS Trust
- Aldona Kirkham, Independent Trainer
- Russell Joyce, Independent Consultant & Health Sciences Records and Archives Society
- Kate Greenwood, Forum Manager
- Phil Good, NIHR CRN CC
- Helen Hodgson, Health & Care Research Wales
- Kirsty Hunter, AcoRD Specialist, West Midlands LCRN
- Katherine Lucas, AcoRD Specialist, Thames Valley & South Midlands
Dr Allyson Bailey
Dr. Allyson Bailey has worked for the NHS in various capacities since 1994 and has been a Research and Development Officer in NHS Forth Valley since 2004 as well as Commercial R&D Manager for NHS Fife. She has been involved in all aspects of the R&D journey from project development to archiving, as well as carrying out a small NHS research project of her own. In addition to delivering training for the NHS R&D Forum she is a GCP Trainer. Allyson has a PhD in Classical Archaeology from the University of Edinburgh. In her spare time she is a very amateur wildlife photographer and volunteers at two zoos. She has written two books, one on evolution and the other about her experiences on a conservation project in Namibia.