November 2020 Newsletter
Date: 30 November 2020
New Forum Website
Only a few weeks to go
Dates 25-29 January 2021 now open for bookings
NHS Research and Development Forum in partnership with the Research Quality Association (RQA) invite you to join us for a series of online sessions. Through this series of sessions we will enable connection with leaders and researchers across the UK to reflect on the future of research.
Speakers will include national leaders from key government departments and research regulators, members of our R&D community, as well as research leads of high-profile studies including:
- Professor Jean White, Chief Nursing Officer, Wales
- Jim Elliott, Public Involvement Lead, HRA
- Janet Messer, Director of Approvals Service, HRA
- Emma Lowe, DHSC
- William Van T’Hoff, NIHR
- Philip Smith UKRD/NHS R&D Forum Finance Group
Date: 20th January 2021
A one day in-depth master class delivered by trainers with advanced clinical records management expertise taking participants through all the key requirements for managing, storing and archiving essential documents and research data.
Call for a Sponsorship course leader
Forum Survey: Improving the set up of industry studies in the UK
Forum response to the CQC draft strategy
Report of joint inaugural meeting published by the Forum and partners
Virtual Round Table: Write up
The MHRA has published a new blog and guidance
Guidance on minimising disruptions to the conduct and integrity of clinical trials of medicines during COVID-19 Actions that trial sponsors should consider to build resilience into clinical trial design. Find out more
New FDA guidance
Enhancing the Diversity of Clinical Trial Populations — Eligibility Criteria, Enrollment Practices, and Trial Designs Guidance for Industry. Find out more
We would like to share the following updates on behalf of NIHR.
- NIHR launches new National Patient Recruitment Centres for late phase commercial clinical research
- Information For Participants In Light Of News of other effective COVID-19 vaccines
- NIHR-AoMRC Clinician Researchers Credential Framework
- NIHR CRN COVID-19 Vaccine Trials Training
- Announcement of the Nursing Times Award 2020 winner
- Digital accessibility modules available on NIHR Learn
- NIHR MOOCS (free online courses)
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Refresher Online (November 2020)
- A survey of people with Parkinson’s, their carers and loved ones has shown that the majority are still comfortable taking part in research
HRA Update: Withdrawal of the Commercial OID
New resources in REX this month
- Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust: Code of Conduct For Clinical Research Monitors and Auditors – Remote Access
- Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust: Updated Guidance – 11th November 2020 Sponsor Monitoring guidelines
- UKCRF Network –early phase bed space checklist.
- Trial Forge: Include Ethnicity Framework
- New NHS Leadership academy app
- UK CTU Restart guidance
- RCP Research and Innovation Hub for clinicians
- Adding flexibility to clinical trial designs: an example-based guide to the practical use of adaptive designs.
To view the latest job vacancies displayed on our website please click here.