Symposia: Annual Non-Commercial Sponsors Symposium
Date: 9th December 2020
We are delighted to be running our 3rd annual Non-Commercial Sponsors Symposium on a virtual platform this year, enabling more members of the Health & Care Non-Commercial Research Sponsors community to come together.
What you can expect this year
We know your time is precious and so the Sponsors Group are creating as much content and value as possible including lots of opportunities to meet and discuss all the main topics that are affecting you and your teams right now.
- Keynote and parallel presentations from Regulators, policy makers, academic leaders in research quality and management and of course Non-Commercial Sponsors of R&D who will share how they have been doing things.
- Short parallel presentations with open discussions including the opportunity to continue where we left off on some key topics last year.
- There is a one hour training workshop between 3pm and 4pm for those who wish to attend
- The training workshop choices are either Quality by Design (sponsored by RQA) or Essentials of Sponsorship (NHS R&D Forum)
- Keynotes presentations, parallel presentations and the training workshops will all be made available as recordings after the session for a period of 12 months.
Topics and discussions will include the following
- Regulatory updates for Non-Commercial Sponsors
- Post transition arrangements for Clinical Trials
- Quality by Design
- Patient information and sponsorship
- QA, monitoring and oversight during COVID19
- Learning from COVID
- How we sponsor
Keynote speaker: Professor Martin Landray, Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology, University of Oxford
Keynote speaker: Dr Natalie Banner, Understanding Patient Data Lead, Wellcome Trust
Keynote speaker: Annette Jack, Egality
Keynote speaker: Charles Kwaku-Odoi, CEO of the Caribbean and African Health Network
Dr Karen Melham, Senior Clinical Research Support Manager, Clinical Trials and Research Governance (CTRG) Research Services, University of Oxford
Professor Richard Haynes, Professor of Renal Medicine and Clinical Trials, Nuffield Department of Population Health, University of Oxford
Shahista Hussain, Oxford University Hospitals
Dr Janet Messer, Director of Approvals Service, Health Research Authority
Jim Elliott, Health Research Authority
Naho Yamazaki, , Health Research Authority
Ann Meeker O’Connell, Vice President, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Lynn Laidlaw, Patient & Public Involvement Partner
Professor Shaun Treweek, Chair in Health Services Research, University of Aberdeen
Jennifer Martin, Expert GCP Inspector, MHRA
Sharon Love, UKCRCC
Alastair Nicholson, Senior Development Manager/Interim Programme Manager – HRA Approval
Alex Bailey, Programme Manager, MRC Regulatory Support Centre
The full programme for the day has now been released. Click here to view