Course Title: Practical Application of Monitoring in a Health and Care Setting
Duration: 2 Days
This course is aimed at individuals and organisations that deliver non-commercial research in a healthcare setting. It explores the application of monitoring as a quality assurance tool, focuses on skills for monitoring and provides an understanding of risk-based monitoring in order to ensure high quality research in the NHS.
This is a practical two-day course delivered by experienced Monitors who work in the NHS. Sessions include slide presentations but are primarily practical and interactive. An essential workbook will be provided to all delegates.
Who is the Course for?
The course is designed for all staff involved in monitoring or supervising monitoring of clinical research for example, R&D managers, quality managers, facilitators, research governance staff, study coordinators and investigator site staff.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define the scope and purpose of monitoring.
- Understand the role of the Monitor.
- Understand the importance of effective communication
- Define quality assurance and quality control processes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different methods of monitoring that could be employed.
- Identify the risks associated with conducting a study and develop a study specific monitoring plan.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the monitoring requirements during the lifecycle of a study.
- Identify the key monitoring activities required to undertake a monitoring visit.
- Develop a monitoring report to record the findings and agreed actions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of escalation and non-compliance processes.
All of the courses in our prospectus are available to run in your local organisation or region. A discounted price can be offered if a room can be provided free of charge or for guaranteed number of delegates. All courses require at least 15 delegates to run. We have various pricing structures for hosting an in house course.
If you would like to host a course then please contact the team for further discussion on email@example.com