Course Title: Essentials of NHS Research Virtual Course
Duration: 2 days
This course is now fully booked. If you would like to add your name to the waiting list, please email email@example.com
This course was previously known as ‘Research the Basics’ but evaluation feedback consistently told us that it wasn’t really basic. Updated material includes a whole new look package of essentials for anyone looking for a complete overview of NHS R&D management.
This is a two day course. The first day covers the overall research landscape and the legislation and regulations that govern it, as well as the various aspects of research management and governance. Day two concentrates more on the design, development and management of a research project, as well as looking at wider issues of leadership and strategy. The course is a mixture of traditional trainer presentation with interactive activities and discussions.
Content covers: Understanding the landscape, policy, regulation, patient & public involvement, roles of R&D, capacity & capability, costing, AcoRD, contracts, safety, data, oversight, impact and strategy.
Who is the Course for?
This course is designed for any role at all levels when new to a health care R&D department. The course might also be of interest to colleagues in industry, academia and the third sector that would like to better understand managing NHS Research or just for those who need to keep updated.
At the end of the course participants should:
- Understand NHS research in context: the UK-wide healthcare system, research regulation and policy plus the role of an R&D function in an organisational setting and patient and public involvement.
- Know what managing research involves including roles and responsibilities, capacity and capability, finance, safety and contracts.
- Understand how to develop, design, set up and carry out quality research.
- Understand the requirements for oversight of the research journey including dissemination and implementation.
- Consider the role of leadership, strategy and culture for research with impact.
All of the courses in our prospectus are available to run in your local organisation or region. A discounted price can be offered if a room can be provided free of charge or for guaranteed number of delegates. All courses require at least 15 delegates to run. We have various pricing structures for hosting an in house course.
If you would like to host a course then please contact the team for further discussion on firstname.lastname@example.org